Thoughtful Quotes page 92
The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't being said.
I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change.... I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back.Erica Jong
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one
If a man harbors any sort of fear, it percolates through all his thinking, damages his personality, makes him landlord to a ghost.Lloyd C. Douglas
Only man clogs his happiness with care, destroying what is with thoughts of what may be
10% of life is what you do, the other 90% is how you react to itCoach Bill Hoskyns (1933 - 1997)
A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.George C Lichtenberg
It is not worth an intelligent man’s time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that.GH Hardy
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth – more than ruin – more even than death...Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.Bertrand Russell
Insanity in individuals is rare – but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.Friedrich Nietzsche
Only sick music makes money today.Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)
A team of champions will never beat a champion team.
My mind is in these songs, but the fact that so many people relate to these songs is kind of depressing. Actually, now I understand those religious channels more. Everybody needs something.Eddie Vedder
Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it- but sail we must, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.Oliver Wendell Holmes
The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.
Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco
(Not a stranger to misfortune I know how to help those in trouble)Vergil
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest.G'kar, Babylon 5
Always tell the truth. That way you won't have to remember what it was you said.Mark Twain
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.John Ruskin
Change is inevitable, it is this change that makes us who we are. Do not fear change, for in the end, everything will be OK.
Page 92 of 153